Red Bridge Farms Emergency Assistance Fund
1. Must be a member of Farmer Veteran Coalition and living in the PNW.
2. Have served or are currently serving in any branch of the United States Military.
3. Currently serving service members must provide a letter of support from their commanding officer or designated representative attesting to their characterization of service.
4. Must be engaged in farming, agroforestry, mariculture, food production, the food supply chain, or other food based enterprise etc.
5. Must be willing to fully participate in the Emergency fund, which includes progress report, mentoring other farmer veterans and a desire to make a positive impact on the farmer veteran community.
Washington State Chapter of the Farmer Veterans Coalition is a non-profit organization
Mission: Support veterans and their families in agriculture to strengthen our communities across Washington State.
Intent: support the maximum amount of farmer veterans with available funding .
The state chapter has funding for 2021 to help pay for all or a portion of emergency needs that have arose for members of the state Chapter. Examples include but are not limited to equipment repair, equipment needs, infrastructure repair, replacement of lost livestock, other immediate needs that have resulted as an unforseen or unavoidable circumstance. The emergency assistance must either pertain to the farming or producing the farmer is currently doing, or provide needed growth within the business. The requests must be relevant to the farming or food production aspects of the business or impact the sustainability of the of the business or veterans wellbeing.
Up to $1000.00 is available per individual for up to 2 requests per farm, and or individual. The funding will be a direct payment/ check to applicant.